Your body is remarkable and can do remarkable things.
Each body has a different
figure, shape and size. Not one is the same, so cherish your body without comparison, and always remember there is no wrong way to have a body!
Since I’ve recovered from my eating disorder, I love sharing body positive words I’ve heard. Like many people, I struggled, but one thing I discovered through my recovery was yoga.
It’s fascinating when you experience what your body can do.
What I loved most was how everyone in my class was different yet all beautiful while throwing themselves into different poses. Now I practice yoga every week because it makes me appreciate my body, and helps me recognize the strength that I have physically and mentally.
There are so many ways you can appreciate and enjoy your body!
These are some rules I personally follow that help me:
- Be your body’s best friend – I repeat positive affirmations and quotes to myself like, “your body is unique and special and gorgeous!”
- Listen to music – I listen to certain music that helps lift my spirits on a down day, like Ed Sheeran’s lyrics: “Just remember life’s not about fitting in your jeans; it’s loving and understanding and positivity.”
- Focus on what your body can do – How it moves and how lucky we are to have our body!
- Don’t read celeb magazines – They are filled with people saying that you are too thin or too fat – we are all beautiful and different.
- Avoid stepping on the scale – There was a time in my life when I stepped on the scale 6/7 times a day. This is such a waste of my time. If I am happy in myself and my body, weight doesn’t matter. Remember, “You are much more than a number. The scale says you are the numerical value of your gravitational pull. It will not tell you how beautiful you are, and how much your family loves you.”
- Write down motivational words – I created a book filled with positive affirmations, quotes, and lyrics I find inspirational, repeating them to myself when I need to. Here are a few quotes from my book I’d like to leave you with:
“Don’t let the past dictate your future, create a life that brings you health and happiness.”
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
YOUR BODY, YOUR RULES! <3